On the 25th May 2018, the current law designed to safeguard your personal information is changing. The current Data Protection Act is being replaced by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which sets out some new rules that we need to let you know about.
Your Personal Data – What is it?
From May 25th 2018, your personal data is defined as any piece of information that allows you, as an individual, to be identified. This may include your name, your address, contact telephone and/or email contacts.
Who are we?
Claire Green is the Data Controller for Greens Holdings UK Limited, and they are ultimately responsible for managing the information we record and for what purposes it is used.
How do we process your personal information?
Greens Holdings UK Limited complies with the obligations set out under GDPR. We do this by keeping your personal information up to date, only collecting the strictly necessary information, and managing the secure destruction of personal data when it’s no longer required.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To facilitate the sale and dispatch of your order, online or via telephone
- Providing pre-sales and post-sales customer service
- For fraud prevention purposes when purchasing gift vouchers
- For payments, invoices and accounts processing
- Keeping you updated on changes to your order via telephone, email or SMS
- Keeping you updated on our latest promotional offers via email
- Verifying your age through our age verification system
What’s the legal basis for handling my information?
- Processing your information is necessary for us to complete a sales transaction
- Our legal obligations to protect you and us include:
- Ensuring we comply with relevant laws to verify the sale of alcohol is only to a person aged 18 and over
- For crime prevention through our CCTV systems which protect our premises
Your data and third parties
Your personal information is classified as Strictly Confidential; this means that we do not share your personal information with any third parties. We will only share your personal information with third parties with your consent.
We are obliged to share your personal information to comply with law enforcement when requested and will use your information to challenge any transaction dispute with our bank or payment merchant.
Any promotions or activities provided by our suppliers, which may include competitions, event days or special pricing, will be treated as a separate contract between you and the supplier.
How long do you keep my information?
We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for 7 years to; comply with our insurances, in the event of any legal claims or complaints made against us, and for the processing of our financial accounts.
Your rights to your information
Under GDPR you have rights when it comes to allowing us to process your personal information, these include:
- The right to request a copy of all the information that we hold about you
- The right to request we correct any inaccurate or out of date information about you
- The right to stop us from processing your personal information for things such as promotional marketing including email and SMS.
- Where there is a dispute in our accuracy or handling of your information, request we restrict any further processing
- The right to object to us processing your information where applicable, outside of the requirements in order for us to carry out treatments
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
If we need to use your data for another purpose
This privacy notice covers the items set out in section 3, if we wish to use your personal information for another purpose we will provide a new privacy notice which will explain how we will use your information. Your consent will be required before we can use your information in the new way or for the new purpose.
Consenting to your information being processed by us
You consent to us processing your personal information during your booking (also known legally as ‘Invitation to treat’ where we are required to capture your personal information to accept your online order.
You are consenting to your payment information being processed by us at point of sale to complete your financial transaction by us.
To report any queries or complaints, including exercising your rights you should contact the data controller, Claire Green, Greens Holdings UK Limited, Unit E2 Otley Mills, Ilkley Road, Otley, Leeds, LS21 3EE.
You may choose to refer your query to the The Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.